Google Calendar Two ways synch
If you have correctly connected Salon Booking System with your Google Calendar account like explained here:
then you can start using the " Two ways synch" feature.
The Salon administrator can Add and Delete reservations from his Google Calendar, the same one connected to Salon Booking plugin.
How to add a reservation from Google Calendar into Salon Booking System
Here the steps to follow:
- Select the desired date
- Type the event title following this format:
user first name and last name, service name 1 + service name 2, user e-mail address ( only for new customers ), customer mobile number (optional), booking note(optional)
- Click on "Add time"
- Click on "Save"
- No wait for the "cronjob" runs and perform the synchronization - scroll this page for more details on cronjob creation.
Synch success, synch error and synch alert
Once the synchronization has been performed you could have three different scenarios:
- ERROR - the event title has a red circle - the reservation has not been created - look inside the event details and have a look at the error message
- SUCCESS - the event title has a green circle - you'll find all the reservations details inside the event
- SUCCESS WITH AN ALERT - the event title has a orange circle - the reservation has been created but you have a notice inside the event details
- misspelling the customer name
- misspelling the service name ( refer to the "Services" section of Salon Booking plugin to see how you entered them )
- entering an existing email address
You'll got an alert message after the synchronization in the following cases but the reservation will be created anyway:
- Choose a not available date
- Choose a not available time
- Choose a not available service
Setup a cronjob
*/2 * * * * wget -O - http://salonbookingplugin.it/wp-cron.php?action=sln_sync_from_google_calendar&>/dev/null
Seutp your WordPress time-zone in a correct way
Make sure to select the name of the city that has your timezone from “Settings > General” of WordPress like this:
Do not use UTC format as it will cause problem with our plugin.
Timezone on Google Calendar settings:
Make sure that the timezone set on your WordPress install is the same you have set on your Google Calendar account.